Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Cafe Rouge in St. Pauls



On a crisp Sunday morning I loaned for a "crispy mister" or as the French call him Croque Monsieur. But I was too lazy (and too hungry) to cook it for breakfast so we ran to the corner restaurant Cafe Rouge to find someone to cook it for us. Although it was only(!) 12:30 they had stopped serving breakfast but we were lucky enough to find the croque monsieur in their lunch menu for a couple of more pounds (7.75) and with a side of chips. It was okay but a little bit dry since the bread wasn't fried in butter but I took my doze of fat from the French fries anyway. We also tried the Baguette Rouge (Rib-eye Steak Sandwich) for 9.50 and it was delicious.

If you'd like to go for lunch/dinner or just for drinks, they have a rich bar with a rich selection of hard liquors and wines. If you fancy an apéritif you can go for Kir Royal for 4.25 but we weren't French enough to try it with our breakfast.

I am definitely going back there and this time I am not leaving before I try their Crème brûlée.

There are 28 Cafe Rouge restaurants in London but I insist you visit the one just across St. Pauls Cathedral for a magnificent view.

Address:5 Condor House, St Pauls Churchyard, London Greater London, EC4M 8AY
T: 02074 897812
Tube: St. Pauls (Central Line)

Opening hours

Mon to Fri: 9.00am to 11.00pm
Sat: 9.00am to 11.00pm

Sun: 9.00am to 10.30pm



2 comments:

  1. Coolest blog! keep on rocking!! Great fan of yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tart tatin at the Cafe Rouge restaurants is amazing, and St.Pauls is one of the best locations they've got. It's one of my favourite places for people watching.

    ReplyDelete